Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Filament PR, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We handle data fairly and legally at all times, and are dedicated to being transparent about the information we collect and how we use it.
This policy provides you with information about:
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- your rights relating to your personal data.
Filament PR (and trusted business partners acting on our behalf or service providers such as media database platforms) use personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to contact you electronically with information which we think may interest you;
- to enable Filament PR to manage customer service and relationship-management interactions with you;
- for market research purposes – to better understand your needs;
- to verify your identity;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Sharing data with third parties:
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, design, film, photography and other marketing communication service providers.
Filament PR only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Filament PR and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties:
Aside from our service providers, Filament PR will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent your data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so:
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 7 years.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Filament PR may collect the following information about you:
- your name;
- your contact details such as postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with Filament PR; and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you send an email to us or subscribe to receive our newsletter. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing activity on the Filament PR website. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
OUR LEGAL BASIS
Filament PR collects and uses personal data because is it necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods and services to a customer; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests:
The normal legal basis for processing data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Filament PR, including:
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- promoting, marketing and advertising the products and services we sell;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- fulfilling our contractual obligations with our customers (such as media and influencer relations, or carrying out campaign-specific research);
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- managing insurance claims by customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues and other stakeholders; and
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations.
How are cookies managed?
Cookies are stored on your computer or other device when you access our website via:
- third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes; and
- third parties who broadcast web banner advertisements on behalf of Filament PR.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: –
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our website, particularly in relation to site navigation.
- For Filament PR to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
- To enable Filament PR to collect information about your browsing and patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER OR DPO
Filament PR has an appointed Data Protection Officer to ensure we protect the personal data of our customers (and others) and comply with data protection legislation.
If you have any questions about how Filament PR uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer – Anne-Marie Lacey using the following details:
- phone: 0191 375 5790
- e-mail: email@example.com
- write to: Data Protection Officer, Filament PR, Portland House, Belmont Business Park, Durham, DH1 1TW
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.
UPDATES: This policy was last updated in May 2018.